The activities in the Roamer Maths Packs focus on key ideas in
a topic, like measurement. By its nature Roamer work is not restricted,
and such activities will automatically involve other themes: units,
estimation, number, etc.
Roamer Workcard activities:
- Provide children with practical experience of mathematics.
- Offer the only effective way of introducing some ideas.
- Provide an alternative for presenting or reinforcing other
- Complement other mathematical work.
- Provide beginners with a simple step-by-step introduction
to programming Roamer.
Children love Roamer. It makes maths exciting
and in particular it facilitates:
The workcards are an ongoing development, not just in mathematics
but a variety of subjects. They combine to provide effective programmes
of study and match curriculum needs.
- The presentation of abstract ideas in a concrete way.
- Group work.
- Cross curricular activity.
- The development of mathematical language.
- The understanding of mathematics through problem solving and
- The creation of an environment where children learn from their
Roamer Workcard Sample
- Roamer Basics
Roamer Workcard Sample - Turning 1