The Earth in Space
How might a Roamer be used as
- a space vehicle
- a space communicator
- a space character
- a space environment
Develop some designs for Roamer to become:
- a droid
- an alien
- a spaceship
- an astronaut
A SPACE VEHICLE
Turn Roamer into a spaceship eg.
- an alien craft visiting earth
- a time machine
- a "trucking" company vehicle for ferrying goods/passengers
- a shuttlecraft capable of docking onto a mothership
Design a vehicle for use on the planet eg.
- a probe for collecting data/evidence
- a mining machine
- a rescue vehicle
- a space police patrol vehicle
A SPACE COMMUNICATOR
Turn Roamer into a warning mechanism eg.
- a beacon
- a satellite
- a mechanism left on the planet sending out warnings to all spaceships
Design a vehicle that can tow an earth vessel containing goods into space
- objects that would illustrate life on Earth to aliens
- goods with which to establish trade links with aliens to communicate
Earth's good intentions/friendship
Enable Roamer to communicate with others eg.
- between itself and base
- between characters
- with aliens
- collect information and communicate results
A SPACE CHARACTER
Design a robot eg.
- a mining robot
- a ceremonial robot
- a droid used for a specific purpose (eg.housework)
- a "disaster" droid
Turn Roamer into an astronaut character eg.
- a space explorer
- a bounty hunter
- a space policeman/woman
- a space engineer
Change Roamer into an alien form eg.
- a fierce beast that roams the planet
- space flora
- a planet's adorable pet
- a character from planet "X"
A SPACE ENVIRONMENT
Create a Roamer character that can survive in the planet's atmosphere
- very cold/very hot
- very dark
- zero gravity
- very wet/very dry
Using Roamer, design a leisure facility for the astronauts eg.
- a space hotel
- a leisure complex
- a theme park for the universe
- an intergalactic sports stadium
Design an environment for a Roamer character eg.
- a space prison
- a space school equipped to serve the galaxy
- a space port for trading
- a space travel agency
Back to Teacher's Notes